HOW DOES INVISALIGN WORK?
We have a really cool way of straightening teeth using a series of aligners. Here’s how it works:
1. First, we’ll take an impression of your teet to create a custom series of aligners just for you. These aligners are made of a special thermoplastic material that is both strong and flexible, so they’re really comfortable to wear.
2. The aligners are practically invisible, so most people won’t even notice you’re wearing them. You’ll need to wear them for about 22 hours a day.
3. Every two weeks, you’ll switch to a new set of aligners. Each set is slightly different, and they’re designed to gradually shift your teeth into place.
4. This process continues over several months, with each set of aligners making small, targeted adjustments to specific teeth.
And that’s basically the entire process! f you’re interested, let’s schedule your Invisalign® consultation and see if it’s the right option for you!
BENEFITS OF INVISALIGN
1. Convenience: Aligners can be easily removed for eating, brushing, and special occasions.
2. Discreetness: Clear aligners are virtually invisible, making them difficult to detect.
3. Comfort: Aligners gradually move teeth and focus on a few at a time, providing a more comfortable experience.
4. Minimal impact on lifestyle: Aligners can be temporarily removed, allowing you to enjoy meals and social events without restrictions.
5. Easy maintenance: Aligners are easy to clean and care for, with new sets provided every few weeks.
6. Reduced staining risk: Removable aligners minimize the risk of stains or discoloration compared to traditional braces.
HOW DO I CARE FOR MY ALIGNERS?
To care for your aligners, simply remove them and rinse with warm water daily. Use a soft toothbrush to gently brush them if necessary.
Enhancing Invisalign with Attachments and Ridges
In some cases, additional attachments may be necessary during Invisalign treatment to ensure optimal tooth movement. Attachments are small, tooth-colored bumps made of composite material that are placed on specific teeth. These attachments help provide better grip and control over the aligners, allowing for more precise and effective tooth alignment.
For more complex tooth movements, ridges can be incorporated into the aligners. Ridges are small indentations created on the aligner surface to guide specific teeth into their desired positions. By strategically placing ridges, our dentist can exert targeted pressure on the teeth, promoting the desired tooth movements and improving the overall effectiveness of the Invisalign treatment.
If you are considering Invisalign treatment and want to know if your case requires the use of attachments or ridges, please reach out to our dental office. Our team will be happy to evaluate your specific needs and provide you with the necessary information.
Regular checkups are necessary during Invisalign treatment to ensure teeth are moving as expected. But thankfully, unlike traditional braces, Invisalign aligners require fewer office visits for adjustments, making it more convenient for patients in Glenn Dale.
Invisalign Treatment Time
Invisalign treatment typically takes around twelve months, varying based on individual cases. Our team will assess your needs and provide an estimate. Invisalign offers a shorter treatment time compared to traditional braces, as aligners can be easily switched without frequent adjustments.